MERCATOR GOLD plc
(“Mercator Gold”, “Mercator” or “the Company”)
US OTC: MTGDY
LONDON: 31 MARCH 2008
- Commercial gold production commenced in October 2007;
- Gold sold during period 7,028 ounces, yielding revenue of A$6.4m at an average price realised per ounce of A$912 (US$806);
- Vigorous exploration programme continues to produce promising results;
- ASX listing expected to take place in next 12 weeks;
- Technical due diligence completed on sale of non-core assets for shares (approximately 30%) in Silver Swan Group Ltd (ASX: SSW).
“These results cover a landmark period in Mercator’s development that has seen the Company commence commercial gold production and continue to lay the groundwork for considerable growth in its output over the coming years. The Company is in excellent shape, focusing on production, growth and exploration in Meekatharra according to plan.
I look forward to reporting progress on various fronts in the coming months.”
For further information please contact:
|Mercator Gold plc|
|Patrick Harford, Managing Director||Tel:||+44 (0) 20 7929 1010|
|Bankside Consultants Ltd||Tel:||+44 (0) 20 7367 8888|
Click Here for the full text PDF version of the Interim Results (unaudited) for the Six Months to 31 December 2007