MERCATOR GOLD plc
(“Mercator Gold”, “Mercator” or “the Company”)
US OTC: MTGDY
LONDON: 28 FEBRUARY 2005 - The Directors of Mercator Gold plc (AIM: MCR), the UK based gold exploration company, are pleased to announce its results for the nine months ended 30 November 2004.
- Admission to AIM on 8 October 2004
- Annean Joint Venture – drilling commenced at Yaloginda
- Geophysical program commenced at Meekatharra on target
Post 30 November 2004
- Initial drilling of Bluebird, one of the three resource extension targets bring drilled in the Yaloginda region near Meekatharra, intersects high-grade gold.
- High-grade gold mineralization intersected at Surprise, the second of three targets being drilled in the Yaloginda region near Meekatharra.
- Additional £1.25 million funding raised
- Ocean Equities Ltd appointed as joint broker
Commenting on the results, Patrick Harford, Managing Director of Mercator said:
“The last nine months have been highly significant for Mercator Gold. Our decision to list on AIM in October followed by the rapid delineation of high-grade gold at Bluebird and Surprise has earned us continued support from the market and allowed us to raise an additional £1.25 million in funding. We are now well placed to explore the potential of our significant Meekatharra gold properties and look forward to generating shareholder value in the period ahead.”
For further information please contact:
|Mercator Gold plc|
|Patrick Harford, Managing Director||Tel:||+44 (0) 20 7929 1010|
|Beaumont Cornish Limited|
|Roland Cornish||Tel:||+ 44 (0) 20 7628 3396|
|Phillip Securities UK Limited|
|Nick Bealer||Tel:||+44 (0) 20 7553 8281|
|Justine Howarth / Ana Ribeiro||Tel:||+44 (0) 20 7493 3713|
Click Here for the full text PDF version of this Press Release